Tajima Industrial Ltd. (hereinafter abbreviated as “us”) will pay close attention to the handling of personal information to comply with laws and regulations relating to personal information and will endeavor to appropriately manage and protect personal information based on the following “Policies Concerning Personal Information.”
1.Protection of personal information
In obtaining personal information, we will clarify the purpose of use within the scope required for business performance and obtain the consent of the individual through appropriate means and procedures.
2.Use of Personal Information
We will use personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the following purposes.
(1) Response to inquiries
(2) To provide maintenance, important notices, customer service, after-sales support, and to fulfill contractual obligations such as software updates
(3) To provide registered members with member-specific information
(4) To allow users to view, change, or delete their own registered information, or view the status of their usage.
(5) Shipment, installation, or adjustment of products
(6) To provide assorted services such as events
(7) To conduct questionnaire surveys and analysis to improve and enhance our services and this website and to consider new services
(8) To conduct marketing research and analysis or sending e-mails regarding new products and services that match with interests and preferences, based on the purchase history, etc.
(10) For recruitment activities, such as providing employment opportunities, events, and other employment information to applicants based on the information registered on the recruitment page, employment selection, identity verification, confirmation of application history, guidance on necessary matters regarding employment, employment management, and statistical use for future recruitment planning.
3.Secure management of personal data
We will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal information, leakage, loss, or falsification of personal information and to manage personal information safely.
4.About consignment of personal information
When we entrust personal information to a third party for the purpose of outsourcing our business, we will strictly screen the third party in accordance with predetermined standards, conclude the necessary contracts, and take other measures required by law.
We will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the third party to ensure the safe management of the personal information entrusted to us.
5.Provision of personal information to third parties
1. We will not provide or disclose obtained personal information to third parties without your consent, except when approved by personal information protection law or other laws and regulations. We only provide or disclose when:
(1) consent is obtained from the provider
(2) required by laws and regulations
(3) it is necessary for the protection of human life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
(4) it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the sound cultivation of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of themselves.
(5) it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either of them to execute affairs prescribed by law and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned.
2. When we receive inquiry from overseas who has given his/her consent, we forward the inquiry to our overseas distributor that resides or can provide services in the country of inquiry. In this case, personal information may be transferred to a distributor in the country of inquiry or to a distributor in a country that can provide services to the country from which the inquiry originated. Please refer to the following website for information on sales distributors. Please note that such transfer distributor has taken measures to protect personal information in accordance with the eight principles of the OECD Privacy Guidelines.
Please refer to the results of the survey by the Personal Information Protection Commission or the website of each distributor for the system concerning the protection of personal information in the country to which such information is transferred.
6. Joint Use of Personal Information
We share personal information (address, name, telephone number, e-mail address, age, and gender) with our distributors in Japan, the EU, and the UK in order to conduct sales activities through our distributors. (The person in charge of such personal information is listed in 8, “Contact for Inquiries” below). In the case of inquiries from overseas, we forward the inquiry to the distributor in the country of inquiry. If there is no distributor in the country of inquiry, the inquiry will be forwarded to a distributor in the country that can provide services to the country in question. Please refer to the following website for information on our distributors.
7. Disclosure, Correction and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
We will respond appropriately to requests for disclosure, correction, or discontinuance of use of personal information that we have obtained from the person in question. For specific request procedures, please contact the address below.
8. Contact for Inquiries
We will respond appropriately to inquiries, questions, and complaints regarding the handling of personal information. Please contact the following for inquiries, questions, complaints, etc. regarding the handling of personal information.
Tajima Industries Ltd. marketing01＠tajima.com
Updated on April 1, 2022
Hidetoshi KOJIMA, CEO Tajima Industries, Ltd.